NAHC will be hosting an 'What Does The CMS Final Rule, 2015 Medicare Home Health Prospective Payment System Rate Mean to You' educational opportunity on Wednesday, November 19, 2014, from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern.
The Final Rule issued recently by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) includes a myriad of important policy changes in addition to the 2015 payment rates for home health services. Among those important changes is the major modification to the rule requiring a face-to-face encounter with a physician as a condition for payment in Medicare. The Final Rule includes so much more:
- The CY 2015 HHPPS payment rates, new case mix adjuster; wage index, and outlier payment formula weights
- New requirements for timely therapy assessments
- OASIS submission requirements
- Insulin injection standards
- A potential new Value-Based Purchasing program in home health services
- Modifications to personnel qualifications and Civil Monetary Penalties
This NAHC event will provide you with an in-depth explanation and evaluation of each of these elements in the Final Rule, along with updates on unresolved questions and implementation guidance.
More information will be made available from NAHC on this special web event in the coming days.