NAHC will be hosting an 'What Does The CMS Final Rule, 2015 Medicare Home Health Prospective Payment System Rate Mean to You' educational opportunity on Wednesday, November 19, 2014, from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern.
The Final Rule issued recently by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) includes a myriad of important policy changes in addition to the 2015 payment rates for home health services. Among those important changes is the major modification to the rule requiring a face-to-face encounter with a physician as a condition for payment in Medicare. The Final Rule includes so much more:
- The CY 2015 HHPPS payment rates, new case mix adjuster; wage index, and outlier payment formula weights
- New requirements for timely therapy assessments
- OASIS submission requirements
- Insulin injection standards
- A potential new Value-Based Purchasing program in home health services
- Modifications to personnel qualifications and Civil Monetary Penalties