Is forming or joining an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) part of your homecare business objectives for 2014? If so, today is your last day to take advantage of incentive payments under Medicares Shared Savings Program.
Today is the final day to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI). Listed below are the steps instructed by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to submit an NOI:
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Apply - May 1 through 31, 2013 for Program Year 2014
2. Get a CMS User ID to Submit Your Application - (Complete after you submit an NOI, DUE June 10, 2013)To submit your application, you need a CMS User ID to access the Health Plan Management System (HPMS.) Submit Form CMS-20037 Application for Access to CMS Computer Systems by using the link and instructions provided in your NOI acknowledgement Email, via tracked mail (Federal Express, United Parcel Service, etc.) and; no later than June 6, 2013. Do not wait until the deadline.
- Form CMS-588 Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization Agreement See here for FAQs.
Formerly Appendix A
- ACO Participant List Template (updated 7/30/12) [ZIP, 4KB] .
- Governing Body Template [ZIP, 10KB] . See here for FAQs.
- ACO Participation Agreement Template [ZIP, 282KB] .
- Executed Agreement Template [ZIP, 11KB] .
- For NOI or application questions: SSPACO_Applications@cms.hhs.gov or (410) 786-8084
- For help with Form CMS-20037 or CMS User ID: HPMS_Access@cms.hhs.gov or (800) 220-2028
- For password resets or if your account is locked: CMS_IT_SERVICE_DESK@cms.hhs.gov or (800) 562-1963
- For problems using HPMS and technical assistance: HPMS@cms.hhs.gov or (800) 220-2028