According to the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), more than 7 million Americans require home health care services every year because of post-acute care, chronic and long-term health conditions, or terminal illness.
Because of the growing demand for home health services, the National Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates rapid job growth for the industry over the next decade. In fact, employment of home health professionals is expected to grow by 50 percent between 2008 and 2018. This results in more home healthcare professionals as well as administrators with the need to manage their continuing education and licensure.
So where do home healthcare providers go to manage their continuing education to maintain their licensure or business managers in the homecare agency go to learn financial and market trends? Homecare conferences are the best place. Why? This is where the resources are that are completely dedicated to deliver the discipline, regulatory and market trend information that home care professional need.
From the NAHC Conferences to local or regional home care conferences, there plenty of opportunities for education and resources to enhance the learning experience. Homecare conferences plan meetings and conferences with home care professionals in mind, whether youre a nurse, physician, therapist, or financial pro. Attend the conference events as associations examine the issues, trends, and developments that affect providers as well as the patients you serve. Its a way to earn continuing education hours, network with colleagues from around the country, and all in a professional yet, sometimes amusing environment. Conference educational sessions represent the most comprehensive selection of timely, quality programs on topics designed especially for the home care and hospice industry.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend a Meeting from NAHC:
- Connect with colleagues who share your issues and concerns
- Fan the flame that fuels your career in home care and hospice
- Learn about best practices that will make your agency its best
- Be motivated and moved by celebrity speakers and industry experts
- Renew the values that led you to a career in home care and hospice
- Recharge your batteries for the demanding work you do
- Revitalize your soul so you can keep on giving to those you serve
- Grow in confidence, competence, and vision
- Join a community with a common sense of mission
- View the future to see what home care and hospice can become
- Home Care Association of Colorado at http://www.hcaconline.org/
- Utah Association of Home Care at http://ua4hc.org/
- Pennsylvania Home Care Association at http://www.pahomecare.org/
- Indiana Association for Home and Hospice Care at http://iahhc.org/